Sunday, November 10, 2013

Preparing for Corbin

Well we have a lot going on right now and I've come to realize my once a week posts are slowly becoming once a month posts! ;)  


The wedding festivities have started for Kaley and Jason.  Andrew and Nicole threw them an "I Do BBQ" to kick things off.  We had such a great time.  The best part of the night was when Brian and Shaun sang Kaley and Jason's engagement song.  It was so funny and summed up their relationship perfectly.  To see the song you can go to Kaley's FB page.  Can't wait for the other festivities and planning to begin.  Next on the list is her Christmas shower! 

I've had such an easy pregnancy.  No morning sickness and mostly just belly.  But this belly is getting heavy and it's very hard to get comfortable at night.  Most nights I toss and turn and get around 4 hours sleep.  I guess this is Corbin's way of preparing me for when he gets here! :)  He is an active little thing and moves around A LOT.  I love to feel him move, although he could cut out some of the moving during the middle of the night! ;)  It's getting more and more real that he will be here in just 8 short weeks.  Here are a few maternity pics to catch you up.





I thought decorating our new house was difficult but nursery decorating is HARD!  So many decisions.  We couldn't really come up with a theme so we are just going with bright colors and lots of chevron (LOVE chevron!) So thankful Beth and Gabe gave us all their baby furniture!! Gran, Papa, and Heath have really put a lot of hard work in to get our sweet baby's room ready! :) Here is a pic of the nursery so far.  It's still a work in progress.


Heath and I just attended our 5th costume party together and I have to say this year's costumes were one of my favorites.  In 2009, we were Brett Michaels and his Rock of Love.  In 2010, we were Fryer Tuck and Robin Hood.  In 2011, we were a Bride and Groom.  In 2012, we were Kermit and Ms. Piggy.  And this year, we were a pregnant lady from the 50's and the milkman.  Yes, I'm pregnant, and the milkman is my baby's daddy! haha 


That should check you up on the Owens for the next few weeks.  Over the next few weeks our friends and family will be showering us with love and lots of cute little baby gifts.  We have 4 baby showers coming up within the next three weeks.  We are truly blessed with amazing friends and family.  I'm sure Corbin will have everything he needs when he gets here! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment